Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port Forwarding

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yowie

yowie

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

I am currently running Windows Vista, (never a problem and runs great), however, I am using the TP-LINK TL-SF1008D to link two computers to be able to use the internet. My problem is this. I wish to use uTorrent and I wish to achieve good download speeds, but in order to do this, I need to do port forwarding. How can I do this? All help is appreciated. Thanks Yowie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:10 AM

I don't believe that you can do this with your TP-Link switch - you'll need to get a router to do this.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 yowie

yowie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:27 AM

thanks for your reply usasma. I believe that I need to do this port forwarding through my NETCOMM ADL2+ broadband router connection, although am still unsure on how this is done.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

Let us know the exact make, model, and revision number of your router and we can look it up here: http://www.netcomm.com.au/Support/index.php
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 yowie

yowie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:57 AM

thanks again usasma.

NetComm
NB5_Rev.2 ADSL Modem Router
F/W: 2.A09NCT3.8324A
S/N: 12H06C056499
Mac: 00-60-64-13-F8-14

I hope you have more luck then I did, it's driving me senseless around the bend.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated

Edited by yowie, 17 May 2007 - 07:58 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

The User Manual for this router doesn't show any information for setting port forwarding.

Was this router provided by your ISP? If so, I'd suggest having them walk you through port forwarding (if possible).

If it's your own router, then I'd suggest contacting tech support at NetComm for a definitive answer.

#7 yowie

yowie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:47 AM

OK, first of all I would like to give a big thanks to all that took time out to help me.

On the lighter side of myself pulling hair out and making some errors and then correcting, I have finally conquered my mission on port forwarding.

Opening up Internet Explorer (I use Mozilla, but you need IE for this task). In the address bar type in 192.168.1.1

Then on the next page type in the username and password. They both should be....admin....

Then please go to this link where you can find step-by-step instruction for
port forwarding for the NETCOMM NB5 ADSL Modem:

http://kb.netcomm.com.au/kb/default.asp?id=1564&Lang=1

I hope this is as helpful to those who require it in the future as it was to me.

Thanks again

Yowie

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:19 AM

Thanks for letting us know the solution! I'm sure it'll help others with the same problem when they're searching for resolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users