Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ny State Sues Dell

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:07 PM

New York State Sues Dell In Response To Consumer Complaints

contending that the company engaged in deceptive financing
In the lawsuit, the New York attorney general said that consumers "who purchase Dell's products often find that many of the benefits and inducements featured in Dell's advertisements are illusory."

http://www.crn.com/hardware/199601141

Next Andy Cuomo wants to go after terribly poor custumer service
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

Makes me even more happy that I have never purchased a Dell.
Posted Image

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

Well, I can't disagree that Dell has terrible customer service, but I'm been very happy with the three Dells I have purchased. We've got thousands of Dell Optiplexes and Latitudes at work and experience few problems. As long as you don't need service, they make a fairly nice machine for the price.

If you do need help with Dell, the Dell Community Forum (user to user forum) is staffed by very knowledgable people.

I had terrible experiences with both Compaq and Toshiba.

Edited by ddeerrff, 17 May 2007 - 10:39 PM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

In all fairness I should state, there are plenty of companies that have poor customer service.

Edited by Scarlett, 18 May 2007 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image

#5 tekchallenged

tekchallenged

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

Next Andy Cuomo wants to go after terribly poor custumer service

(Assuming that this is an accurate copy of the petition as filed) he's having a bit to say about it already
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/ne/pdfs/Dellpetition.pdf

I agree that there are others out there who are as bad as described in the petition (with respect to customer "service").
Feel free to assume that I won't know what you are talking about...

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

This suit is first aimed at the deceptive practices,"bait and switch" technique being used. Offers of 0% financing and no one qualifies. Then they turn and offer 20+% interest on PC loans. Those are bad credit and loan shark rates...
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:57 PM

Compaq/HP have crappy customer service. I can contest from my last 5 years with one of their laptops and a desktop.

As for Dell, I can't honestly say if they have good or crappy service. I have never personally owned one. I always assumed they had good service, from the commercials and from what my friends have told me (the ones who have actually owned a dell).

#8 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:06 AM

20+% interest on PC loans. Those are bad credit and loan shark rates...

Dell's 20% isnt bad compared to Snap-On Tools (19% for execelant credit and about 30 for those of us with bad credit) or Car title Loans, or Rent-to-Own stores, man the list goes on and on of these people with rates that start @ 25% and work their way up to almost 100%.

You can get 0% financing through Dell. pay them in full on delivery (same way you get 0% financing when you buy a car).

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users