Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Elder Scrolls - Oblivion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 coolking13

coolking13

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:13 PM

Hello, i just purchased the elder scrolls IV oblivion and i cant get it to install bc it wont read the disk how many disks come with it by the way?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

Oblivion comes with a single disk, DVD. Do you know if your disk drive is a CD drive? Otherwise, have you checked to see if the disk may be scratched or have something preventing it from being read? Also, if you have more than one disk drive in your computer, have you tried to use the other one (this happens to me, for some reason, only one of my two disk drives will work correctly. The other one will sometimes load something and othertimes wont).

#3 coolking13

coolking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

i have 2 drives one is a burner the other is a regular cd drive and the disk has no scraches on it.

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:40 PM

Okay, can you tell me if the burner is a CD drive as well as the normal one? If so, you will have to purchase a DVD drive to play Oblivion because it only comes on DVD, otherwise it would probably be like a five (or more) disk install if it were produced on CD's.

Edited by Wizdabest, 16 May 2007 - 05:42 PM.

#5 coolking13

coolking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:42 PM

ahh poo its a cd drive like the other one . lol wish i knew that before i bought the game. thanks.

#6 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:46 PM

Glad to help.

If you were interested in getting a DVD drive, DVD-rom drives can cost around $15-20 and DVD burners can cost around $30 (prices looked up on newegg.com)

Edited by Wizdabest, 16 May 2007 - 05:47 PM.

#7 coolking13

coolking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:05 PM

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users