Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regseeker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mpacey

mpacey

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

I have been having some issues since I cleaned my XP Home registry with RegSeeker. One issue is that my CDRW and DVD-ROM have disappeared from the Control Panel.

I would like to restore the backup that is included with RegSeeker, but I don't see how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 19 May 2007 - 12:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:37 AM

Try using System Restore to return your PC to an earlier date before the problem arose.
Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore

If that's successful, get rid of Regseeker (get rid of it anyway. Registry cleaning utilities can often do more harm than good, esp. the freeware ones.
If you want recommendations for one you can trust, I have no hesitation in recommending "RegSupreme", "RegSupreme Pro" or "jv16 Powertools" from here:
http://www.macecraft.com/

But really your PC will give you fewer problems if you leave the Registry alone or at least don't use a registry cleaner which does everything automatically without giving you the chance to review the errors it's found one by one before allowing that entry to be changed. jv16 Power Tools lets you see each registry error individually (with a full explanation) so you can spot any mis-identified errors and exclude them from being altered. But having said that, it's never given me any mis-identified errors in the 6 months I've been using it.

Edited by pip22, 19 May 2007 - 03:49 AM.

#3 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:54 AM

mpacey, hi.
In regseeker, click on "backups" in the left hand column, a new page will open listing all the backups you have made.
Navigate to the appropriate one, right click on it and in the dialogue that opens, click on "open in regedit". Confirm yes in the new dialogue that will have opened and bingo, all deleted registry entries in that backup will be restored.

#4 MrTwister

MrTwister

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

There is other free software - RgeCleaner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users