Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good God Someone Please Help Me! Argh

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Exogenous

Exogenous

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hi all.

I searched the forums to make sure that no one else had posted a similar issues, but it is possible they may have - and I just suck at searching forums.

I have had my computer for almost a year now, and recently,and I mean over the last month or so, every time, and I mean EVERY TIME I download a program (ex Firefox, Photoshop, etc) off the net - when I go to open the file, it says it is corrupt. I use Firefox 2 which I had had MAJOR locking up problems ever since I upgrade from 1.0, and I tired using IE just in case this was a FF issue - but with the same results. Like I said, this is an issue that is only a month or so old. What could be causing this, and please tell me it is something simple like a crap direct x or dll file missing, or another simple issue. Someone told me once to move my memory cards around. ?????? No way.. it is resent.. I am not touching those.

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP... I work from home and it is causing work issues and I do not wish to get fired.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 northerner125

northerner125

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

ok virus scan your comp. Uninstall the program you were using to download. Then reinstall. and do it again. Download Free Download Manager(its way better) or use opera. One of these should def work. My firefox locks up too which is weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users