Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event Viewer Errors

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

I looked at my event viewer today, there are a few errors in System. My computer was acting up @ the time of these errors.
One of the errors is;
The M$ Help & Support description; EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVER_FAILED. The following boot start or system start driver failed to load : 1%

I am to do one of the following,

- Verify that the drivers are configured correctly.
- Verify that the computer is running the most current version of drivers.

Do I go to System Properties/ Hardware/ under Drivers go to Windows Update?

The other errors are ones that normally happen in SP1 (all under system), and I will try and work thu the fixes where there is one.

Btw,one that wasn't in system, was a W32Time warning.
I wonder whats going on, thing are running fine, scans are clean.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:39 PM

Hello,

Does the main error give a ID code or name of a program? Also, do you have Norton on the system? there is a chance it might be corrupt

I believe the W32 time warning basically means that the system can't get online to synchronise itself with the microsoft time server. If you go to the services.msc window, make sure the windows time service is started.

To update the drivers, I just go to the manufacturers website, they usually update them

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

The errors seem to come in three's;
* ewido antispyware 4.0 driver Event ID 7026
*symantec core LC service Event ID 7000
*ewido anti spyware-guard 4.0 Event ID 7000

Odd thing is, I don't run Norton (did at one time) and ewido is now AVG-AS. So don't know what's up with that!
Checked and Windows time is started. Did some reading in the M$ KB articles, not much help. Noted that there is several of these W32Time warnings.

Think I have found the driver update. Started at our tutorial as this is new ground for me :thumbsup:.
I have a Radeon X300SE 128 Version 8.162.0.0, by ATI Tech.
I found This Update. (My version is listed in the full list).

Thanx for your help nigglesnush85.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

Was it event id 50 or 36? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832936

Edited by fozzie, 16 May 2007 - 05:52 PM.

#5 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

36, and the computer was never in standby or hibernation mode.
I had a look @ that KB article and it didn't seem to offer anything, as I have SP2.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:23 PM

How did you remove Norton? did you use the removal tool?

Also have you tried the sfc /scannow windows file checker?
Regards,

Alan.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

I'd suggest ignoring the W32Time errors if they aren't constant. The servers that this process accesses aren't the most reliable and I frequently find errors when nothing is wrong

Then I'd get rid of the Norton stuff (using the Norton Removal Tool).

Then I'd uninstall Ewido and try it out to see if you still get the error. If not, then reinstall it and see if you get the error.

If that still hasn't fixed it, then it's time to delve deep inside the OS to try and find out what the EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVER_FAILED is all about. FWIW - I found nothing when I googled it. Could you give us all the info about this error in Event Viewer?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

I used the Norton Removal Tool when I removed my symantec stuff.
Just did a search for both items and the only thing that came up was a shortcut to ewido. It's deleted.

usasma, do you want me to remove AVG-AntiSpyware because I don't have ewido listed anywhere.

The following is the information from the error;
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 5/14/2007
Time: 9:00:34 AM
User: N/A
Computer: DBWLCN81
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
ewido anti-spyware 4.0 driver

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVER_FAILED is from the link that is provided.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#9 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:33 AM

It looks like ewido and norton have left drivers on the system. If you go to services.msc is anything to do with symantec, norton, ewido on the list. also, if you go to msconfig are any of the programs listed in the start sequence?

Could you do a search on your system for norton symantec and ewido? it might uncover the rogue driver.

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:38 AM

Yes, remove the AVG antispyware (the error showed it as ewido, so I just assumed it was that).

The description line of the error in Event Viewer shows that the driver for it didn't load - so the best place to start is with the program itself.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

nigglesnush85,Under services.msc, ewido and symantec core LC are listed. Both as automatic.
In msconfig, under Startup, only Avgas was listed. But all items were listed under services.

Might have been a bit unclear, but I mentioned in my last post that nothing showed up in my search for symantec or ewido on my computer....strange.

usasma, Have not had an error since May 14th.
It shows as ewido 4.0 and that was the last version before the switch to AVG-AS, and they are listed as two different programs on my computer...
Do you think removing it will do anything knowing this? I don't want to second guess you, just asking a question.

FYI, This was the symantec error:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 5/14/2007
Time: 9:00:34 AM
User: N/A
Computer: DBWLCN81
Description:
The Symantec Core LC service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Will get back to this when I get home tonite, Thanx for your help!

Edited by TMacK, 17 May 2007 - 11:02 AM.

Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

Sounds like there's a mess on your system.

I'd uninstall anything with Ewido or AVG Antispyware from your system. Then, I'd root around in Program Files and Documents and Settings to locate anything they may have left behind. Then I'd use regedit (with backups of course!) to ferret out anything to do with them that's left over. Backup anything that you find and then delete it. Search strings should include ewido, AVG, and Grisoft

The same should go for Norton - although the removal tool should've taken care of that already (generally the search terms are Norton and Symantec).

The Norton error message looks like it's trying to launch Norton and can't find it - so it's an incomplete removal. This is different from the Ewido error - where the driver tried to load and failed (which indicates a corruption to me).

#13 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

Thanx for the advise usasma.
Will let you know how it goes...... this is new ground for me.

Nice new format here @ BC!
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#14 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

Well, think I found the culprits in regedit.

Were some left overs of Norton AV and found that Symantec Core LC Service (what ever it was!).
Also found ewido 4.0 in a couple of places.

Hopefully thats all there was.

Thanx so much.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:27 AM

No more errors then? Or is it too soon to tell?

Glad to see that you found a lot of the crap that was causing problems!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users