Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Find My Blue Toot Radio Adapter On My Laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dando

Dando

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

Help (as usual!). I've just upgraded my mobile phone to a Motorola v3 which has Bluetooth. I've been through the menu - switched on the Bluetooth (Find me) and it will do a search for devices. I've religiously followed the instructions in the manual to make sure I've got this right.

I run an Advent 7107 Notebook PC. The spec says it has "Modem and Bluetooth - 56K modem 1.5 V 90/92 support and Bluetooth : USB interface (optional)". When I go to the Start menu it has a Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard on it which I have run. However, my computer cannot find my mobile phone. When I go into Control Panel, Bluetooth devices and try and Add the mobile phone, I can't. I go to the Options tab and click on Turn Discovery On then Apply, it just says "an error occured while Windows was saving your settings. The following settings were not saved Discoverability Setting and Connection Setting". I keep being told to Attach or Turn On the Blue Tooth Radio Adapter. I've switched the PC off and on and gone through the whole thing again, but keep getting the same message. Something, somewhere isn't switched on (me probably...)

My question is: Where is the Blue Tooth Radio Adapter? Is it in the laptop and if so, how do I turn it on. If it isn't in the laptop do I need a USB or something else to make the laptop recognise the mobile phone? I'ved also looked in the Users Manual for the laptop and I'm told that pressing Fn+Esc enables / disables Blue tooth, well, I can't see that it does. I've pressed them til the cows come home to no avail.

When I bought the mobile, I told the guy I wanted to download some of the messages from it to my computer. He told me I needed a "dongle"?? So I bought what appears to me to be a data stick (USB 2.0 Data Traveler), which I have put into the laptop. All of this still means my laptop and mobile can't talk to one another.

Can someone tell me what I need to do get the two devices to recognise each other. Sorry if I'm being thick :thumbsup: Thanks for your help

Dando

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users