Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E:/ Not Working Correctly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kayleigh

kayleigh

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:32 AM

Hi, how do I check that my E:/ is working ok, because recently i have tried to copy a cd to hard drive and nothng seems to happen. Hope someone can help
thanks

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 16 May 2007 - 05:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:47 AM

Is the E: drive your hard drive, or your CD drive? If the latter, will it read another CD when you insert it in the tray? Can you see the contents of the CD when you put it in the tray?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 kayleigh

kayleigh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:04 PM

It's the cd drive and usually it reads most cds but the one i am trying to copy to hard drive is my mini dvd-rw from my camcorder. And no when i put this cd in i can't see the contents at all.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

I believe to copy the video to your hard drive you can connect your camera using a firewire cable. And is your E:/ drive a DVD rom? If its a CDROM it won't read DVD's. One more thought is the disc closed or still open, Not sure if this matters on a PC but in a DVD player if its not closed it can't be played.

Edit: what type of camera is it, mabe we can help you connect it if you haven't done so already

Edited by Sneakycyber, 16 May 2007 - 06:28 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users