Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In Game Crashes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shadowrage

shadowrage

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:16 AM

when im playing a game it sometimes crashes onto "the blue screenof death" . then it starts up again and says it has recoverd from a unexpected shutdown and it has the option to solve the problem or leave it. i clicked the solve option and it came up with nothing. does anyone know why it is duiing it

Edited by shadowrage, 16 May 2007 - 04:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:21 AM

Could you tell us what the BSOD message was. Generally they consist of 3 parts - a symbolic name (the name is all caps with _ between the words), a STOP Error (a long string of numbers that usually looks something like this - 0x0000007b and is followed by even more numbers and letters), and sometimes there's a filename pointing to where the error occurred.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 shadowrage

shadowrage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

I cant sorry but the screens only there for about 3 seconds before it restarts.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:30 PM

Please use this link to find the BSOD messages. Please notice that the first link in the references is how to disable the automatic restarts (which will let you read the screen).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 shadowrage

shadowrage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

Don't worry I found it was a application that wasnt compatible with vista.(Microsoft Office XP or Daemon tools not sure which one)

Sorry for bothering you and I'll use you help in future problems.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

Most likely Daemon Tools - Office XP is compatible, but has to be installed in compatibility mode.

#7 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:16 AM

Latest version of Daemon Tools is fully compatible with Vista.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users