Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gheese

gheese

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:55 AM

i have an epson printer loaded... i have not had it hooked up to my system in months and still isnt... now everytime i start the computer it says "printer driver failed during startup use event viewer" any clue why this all the sudden is popping up when it hasnt ever did that before when it was not connected???

Edited by gheese, 16 May 2007 - 04:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:20 AM

Something has likely corrupted the printer driver. Go to Start...Control Panel...Add/Remove Programs and remove (uninstall) all the Epson stuff there.

Reboot your system, then logon to the Epson website and download the latest software for your printer and install it.

This will fix the majority of these sort of problems.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 gheese

gheese
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:02 AM

Thanks... I kind of knew I could do that, but I do not have the printer connected so I just wanted to see if I could just fix up something somehow real quick to fix it so I could just plug the printer in when am able to use it again and just go with doing nothing.

To add a printer I need to have my epson hooked up which currently is not. I guess I will just wait until I hook it up again and reinstall / update.

Thanks!

#4 gheese

gheese
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

I dont get this one at all... 5 minutes after I was into startup... epson error popped up saying could not find device driver... something to that affect.

Issue is strange to me because I HAVE deleted the epson printer and have no printers hooked up, and cannot find one thing about EPSON printer on my computer.

Why is this happening?

DISREGUARD THIS POST... I WAS ABLE TO FIND EPSON FILES HANGING AROUND AND DELETED THEM SO I THINK THAT WILL END THIS ISSUE

Edited by gheese, 16 May 2007 - 10:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users