Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Use 2 Keyboards For One Computer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

hi, i'd like to be able to use 2 keyboards for 1 computer. i don't want them to be the same, but that the comp will be able to recognize eg. keyboard 1 and keyboard 2. i have one usb keyboard, and one ps/2 keyboard.

the reason for this is so that i can play games like nhl 07 against my friend (not online), using 2 keyboards at the same computer.

thxs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:14 AM

You can certainly connect two keyboards (1xUSB and 1xPS/2) but Windows will treat both of them as one keyboard. In other words, they would not operate independantly of each other. whatever keys you press on your keyboard it will be just as if you'd pressed those same keys on your opponents keyboard. I can see where that might be a problem when playing a two-person game, depending on how the game is constructed.

I suggest you try it too see just what happens.

Edited by pip22, 19 May 2007 - 06:17 AM.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:56 AM

If you trying to play the same game, at the same time, I don't think thats possible least I have seen it. You can run two instances (instances=actual games like running two IE explorers in different windows) and switch back and forth and let your friend input his moves then switch back. If its a 2 player action where you will both be playing I am not sure you can do that.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:03 PM

If you are playing a two person game that is normally played with one keyboard at one computer it'll work, otherwise, good luck.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users