Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smitfraud-c Toolbar888

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Foufy

Foufy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

Hey, I recently got infected with toolbar888 so I was browsing on how to remove and while doing so, I just kept running spybot S&D over and over and deleting smitfraud, now it is not picking it up. Does this mean it has been deleted? Or is it... not picking it up.. o.o.. Anyone know, thank you if you respond. If it has been deleted, hopefully I discovered a very easy way to delete smitfraud toolbar888, I just repeatdly ran spybot and it isn't picking it up anymore.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 15 May 2007 - 07:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

This would be your best bet..http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html. Post your log here and a HJT member can look your system over and let you know if you killed the lil bugger :thumbsup:

Edit: :flowers: Welcome To BC

Edited by Sneakycyber, 15 May 2007 - 06:27 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Foufy

Foufy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome, and I will post a HJT log ty.

Where do I download HJT?

Edited by Foufy, 15 May 2007 - 06:33 PM.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ Read this introduction.. It will tell you all you need to know. I can only point you in the right direction as I am not an HJT team member I'm a hardware guy. I am sure one of them will see the post.. If you have more questions feel free to ask :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users