Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound Coming From Speakers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlindAmI

BlindAmI

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

My computer had to be restarted fresh and windows was reinstalled. This is the second time this had to be done. Every time this happens, the computer does not recognize the speakers or anything plugged into the USB connectors. The first time this happened, some guy fixed it, but I have no idea how he did it. Sound will not come from the speakers. I went to the audio section under the control panel and my speakers do not appear. How do I get the computer to recognize that I am in fact plugging things into the audio/USB connectors? Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

Do you have a sound card installed or do you use on-board sound? If a sound card, did you install the drivers for it? (I know nothing about on-board sound).

#3 joygreen

joygreen

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:49 PM

Our friend is having reload problems. Were your speakers plugged in and turned on at the right time during the reload process? Have you tried unplugging them, then plg back in, and then asking windows to find new hardware device? Is your usb port working? Are your speakers separate or in the monitor? I was guilty of this; failed to plug in... check your wires my friend.

Also, you do have to reload every program and hardware device AFTER you reinstall windows. You may have lost your OE mail too if you didn't find it and back it up (sorry) also your .wab file. This is one situation when it is good to use hotmail or yahoo... OE is not nice to backup and restore... I can't tell you how much data I have lost...

Are you by any chance using an e-machine with OEM software XP that creates a virtual FAT 32 d: drive? I do - had to reload it 6 times in 12 months. I removed Defender for good, I think it corrupts files. Also not sure Win live one care is able to handle the fat 32...

Good luck.
"Restore an environmentally sustainable and economically just America"

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:10 AM

BlindAmI >>

Could we have some more details regarding your computer?

1) Whether its a laptop/desktop
2) What motherboard do you have
3) Whether or not you have a seperate sound card (As Queen-Evie, pointed out)

The reason for asking this is that its likely that you'll need to download soundcard drivers and usb drivers in order for your computer to work as you want!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users