Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shaboo

Shaboo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:50 PM

C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfc000.d... -> Backdoor.Small.os. Can't get rid of it no matter what I do. It has taken files out my computer and added a d_ll called AppInit_dll. I've used Avg.Lavasoft ad adware, spyware doctor, and Avg virus. The only one that picked it up was my Avg but after it quarintines it, it comes right back. It says it is a thread. I was able to delete the D_LL but still have the C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfc000.dat. can someone please help. I am a simple person so please explain it simple. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 15 May 2007 - 05:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

Have you tried safe mode?

Either way I would have to suggest reading this and posting an HJT log.

Good luck!

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users