Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Runonce & Msn.com Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:40 AM

Clients computer, cleaned for spyware. Then discovered they had not run windowsupdate ever. Ran this, updated to IE7, and now when it tries to load http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx I get the following error:

Posted Image

and msn.com looks like:

Posted Image

msn.com looks and functions correctly in Firefox.

I know that I can edit the runonce dword in the registry, but that is only a bandaid. I would like to actually solve this problem.

Thoughts?

Edited by twardnw, 15 May 2007 - 11:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 twardnw

twardnw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

... nothing? cause I'm stumped on this one too.

#3 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:15 PM

Hi,
I have gotten this error before and it usually involves removing IE7, restarting, reinstalling IE7, then restarting again. And whalla, it workes for me everytime. Perhaps that is something you can try?

Good luck and let us know the results!
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#4 twardnw

twardnw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for the advice Jesse. I had previously attempted that though. Even with IE7 removed, IE6 still shows the same page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users