Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Wobble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Voodoo Ralph

Voodoo Ralph

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:54 AM

Hello, I am a new member and need a little help with a persistant problem I cannot resolve.

When I receive and open an attached jpg picture through Outlook Express it defaults to Windows Picture and Fax viewer with the correct image. If I then click on the next image icon it brings up images of previous sites I have visited but not saved.

I have run updated Adware, Spybot and Norton anto-virus. Nothing seems to find this little bleeder!

I have previously posted this on Hijack this forum with scan result which showed no Malware. The suggestion was a possible OE settings problem (or an embedded file?)

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

Windows picture and fax viewer will show all gif, jpg and tif files that are in your temporary internet files folder and you my pictures folder. These images are cached when you browse the sites to allow the pages to load faster. Try emptying your temporary internet files folder and your cookies folder to see if this solves the problem.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users