Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:32 AM
Hello. I've seen a similar post about this same issue from a few months back, but I couldn't add my log to the post (I had googled "service and controller app has encountered" and I found the post from this website.) I followed all of the instructions (SDFix and comboFix, with HijackThis) and I have all three of the requested log files. I was wondering if someone would be able to look them over to make sure that this issue has been resolved. I will check and see over the next few hours if I get that error again or not. I have also previously run Adaware and Spybot: Search and Destroy as well as the AVG 7.5 full system scan. Like I said, I followed the instructions on how to use the other programs (going into safe mode, using SDFix, etc.) so I assume the issue is fixed, but I know that they had requested to see the log files.
Also, I noticed that SDFix had instructed me to run "Catchme" after, for an additional scan. I wasn't sure if this was something I should do, as I didn't see it listed in the instructions from the previous post.
Here is the info for my comp:
Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Windows XP prof.
2 300GB HDDs
I also wasn't sure if you simply want me to post the text files directly onto this post, or if there was a way of sending it as an attachment. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks!!!