Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Service And Controller App Has Encountered A Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rygar

Rygar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:32 AM

Hello. I've seen a similar post about this same issue from a few months back, but I couldn't add my log to the post (I had googled "service and controller app has encountered" and I found the post from this website.) I followed all of the instructions (SDFix and comboFix, with HijackThis) and I have all three of the requested log files. I was wondering if someone would be able to look them over to make sure that this issue has been resolved. I will check and see over the next few hours if I get that error again or not. I have also previously run Adaware and Spybot: Search and Destroy as well as the AVG 7.5 full system scan. Like I said, I followed the instructions on how to use the other programs (going into safe mode, using SDFix, etc.) so I assume the issue is fixed, but I know that they had requested to see the log files.

Also, I noticed that SDFix had instructed me to run "Catchme" after, for an additional scan. I wasn't sure if this was something I should do, as I didn't see it listed in the instructions from the previous post.

Here is the info for my comp:

Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Windows XP prof.
1GB RAM
GeForce 6600GT
2 300GB HDDs

I also wasn't sure if you simply want me to post the text files directly onto this post, or if there was a way of sending it as an attachment. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:42 AM

Hi Rygar and welcome to BleepingComputer.com
Where did you post a HJT Log at, I mean which forum. What did they report to you as infecting your computer?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Rygar

Rygar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

I was actually referencing another post about the same issue (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t74815.html), but it's been over 15 hours now that I haven't had any problems, so it seems to be fixed (usually the error would pop up after about an hour since the last restart). Thanks for the help and prompt response tho!

If you still want me to post the reports/logs, just in case, I can tho. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users