Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Install Hp All-in-one On Xp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrking

mrking

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

i have tried to install 2 different hp all-in-one printers on my xp machine. they initially install ok, but after i use them one or two times they are not recognized. i get the msg "usb device not recognized". i contacted hp support and they were not able to help. i also get msg saying the usb device is not digitally signed for xp, but the shipping box show the windows xp logo.

any ideas/

Moved from the XP Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 15 May 2007 - 01:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 willijohn

willijohn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:05 PM

I too have had problems with the HP 5180 All-in-One USB drivers on XP, but in my case they repeatedly destroyed the XP installation (on a Medion 8809 PC) with various blue screens and/or missing/corrupted DLL entry point messages. Even System Restore failed to get a stable system back and I lost count of the number of times I recovered and reinstalled XP from CD. My eventual solution was to give up on USB alogether and connect the printer via Ethernet. Windows is now stable and I can print successfully, although I've still not got the scanner to work over Ethernet. Workaround is to scan to a memory card and then transfer the scanned image across on the card.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

What type of computer is it? Do you have USB 2.0? Does the Printer Require USB 2.0? and Is your windows up to date? We will start with those and work from there :thumbsup:
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users