Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Command And Conquer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:16 PM

What do you people think of the Command and Conquer Series?
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:33 PM

CnC owns, RA owns also, but don't make multiple topics on the same thing.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:53 PM

I love them. I remember first playing the original command and conquer on my Nintendo 64. Now I got the first decade series and its real fun!

I played the demo for tiberium wars and i loved that too! I would like to get it eventually, but my computer lagged playing it :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

Is there another game, or games, that C & C is similar to?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#5 macho_maggot

macho_maggot

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:50 AM

I guess Supreme Commander is pretty similar to the Commander and Conquer series.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:33 AM

I enjoyed the first couple of versions of C&C, beginning with one for the PS. However, with each new version, there isn't really that much difference in basic game play, and each successive version seems to bore me faster than the previous.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

EDIT:That didn't make much sense, without the second quote, did it! :flowers:

I guess Supreme Commander is pretty similar to the Commander and Conquer series.

Er, roughly, in as much as they are both considered RTS games.

Supreme Commander puts much more emphasis on large-scale macro-management rather than high-speed micro-management of a handful of units. I'd also argue that the depth of the game play in Supreme Commander is much greater.

On the other hand, I have to give credit to C&C...the original game was my first RTS. I played RA and RA2, and also a bit of Tiberian Sun. I never did get into Generals...but then, that game was so different from the original formula that it probably should be dealt with on its own.

I would say that the strength of the series, for multi-player, is that it is easy to learn (relatively speaking) yet provides enough depth to produce interesting games for veteran players.

I am sure C&C3 will be fun, but it's pretty much the same formula; after playing SupCom I don't think I can go back to simply spamming and rushing one kind of tank.

:thumbsup:

Edited by locally pwned, 15 May 2007 - 09:18 PM.

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#8 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

I love the CnC series! I've got CnC 3, and like it, but I still think that I've dumped many hours into Zero Hour....gotta love that expansion! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#9 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

EDIT:That didn't make much sense, without the second quote, did it! :flowers: :thumbsup:

Is there a problem in what I are saying?

:trumpet:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users