Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Useless Error Report

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

I woke up this morning to find a error report on my computer. i sent it to MS and asked for error details. This is what I got....

Posted Image

this does me no good. i cant tell where the error is from this. without the BSOD (which didnt apper) i have no way of knowing the error code.

something tells me this has to do with my recent failed Ubuntu installed issues so i'll copy and paste my issue over here in a little while

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

Hello

There is a way to find details of your BSOD, have you looked in the event viewer for the error report?

Hope this helps

Edited by nigglesnush85, 14 May 2007 - 03:38 PM.

Regards,

Alan.

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

I would also go ahead and update your video driver. I have seen a ton of issues caused by old video drivers and newer programs - updates. You should also consider updating audio and lan drivers.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

From the error report from Microsoft - this is a driver issue. Here's a link on how to find BSOD error message info: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491

As rigel says, video drivers are the most common cause of this. Other major causes are:
- viruses
- network drivers
- motherboard/chipset drivers
- CD/DVD ripping programs

Edited by usasma, 14 May 2007 - 06:56 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

There were no logs in the event veiwer. Well there was one involving chdisk from this morning something about Windows thinking the D Drive (where the OS is stored) being corrupt but it checked out fine. All drivers are up to date with windows certified drivers.

Heres the issue Ive been having since my failed Ubuntu Install as promised

Heres what happened Last night i bought a brand new Hard drive and installed it in my computer. This afternoon i installed Ubuntu on it. Install seemed to go ok no errors or anything of that nature. I rebooted and got past the Post and into the Boot check. Thats when it happened I got this

Verifying DMI ....
BOOT from CD....
4040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040(this goes on until I turn off the Computer)

So I rebooted and switched the Boot order around and got

Verifying DMI....

Same thing happened when I tried to boot from either Hard Drive. So I broke out my restore CDs and am currently booting into windows via them (Booting from the First CD and then selecting quit seems to override my problem)

Any help is greatly appricated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91291/bad-things-after-failed-ubuntu-install/

Edited by BlackSpyder, 14 May 2007 - 07:44 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users