Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

activex won't run

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paulj02

paulj02

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:09 PM

Trying to run online virus scan (RAV) and it says it can't run because ActiveX control isn't available. I double checked my IE security setting and it's set to Medium. Any ideas?

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:08 PM

XP SP2?

Edited by Bear, 16 January 2005 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:25 PM

Do you have some type of anti spyware or popup blocker running? Is your firewall blocking it? That could stop it. Or try the Panda online scan.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 paulj02

paulj02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:04 PM

Don't know if I'm running SP2. hijackthis says SP1 but windows downloaded a number of autoupdates this past week which is when the problems started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users