Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Update / Ias.mdb

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 velvetwitch

velvetwitch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:36 AM

Hello all together!

After installing a windows update lately, I started noticing an increase of the prozessors usage. So I start viewing what could have caused the problem. Did some scans, found some viruses and ended up with a fresh windows installation on a formatted disk.

So far I just installed the needed hardware drivers and some programs, but the problem is there again, it started right after the windows update. In Filemon I can see, that there are some accesses to the files ias.mdb and dnary.mdb, which belong to netsh-service.

On Microsofts website I just found information how to use on a XP system or 2003 server, but no info about win2k.
It seems to me, that I dont need it, how can I disable this? What it is used for? Should I uninstall the kb that delivers it?

In other forums I read about an incompatibility with netsh and other applications (antivirus app), maybe there are more but unknown?

In your glossary section there is no detailed description, so I ask this here.
Maybe someone can tell me, please ;)

greetz
velvet

PS: this site is very useful! Great job!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

Here is a brief description about ISA isa.mdb.

Internet Authentication Service (IAS) is the Microsoft implementation of a Remote Authentication Dial-in User Service (RADIUS) server and proxy. As a RADIUS server, IAS performs centralized connection authentication, authorization, and accounting for many types of network access, including wireless and virtual private network (VPN) connections. As a RADIUS proxy, IAS forwards authentication and accounting messages to other RADIUS servers.

Internet Authentication Service for Windows 2000
I am going to keep looking for the rest of the information. I just thought you would like so light reading.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users