Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email System With Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 debev64

debev64

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:30 AM

Does anyone know how to disable the viewing pane from the Inbox (or any folder) so that the messages do not display, only the list of messages? This was easy in Outlook but I don't appear to have facility to turn of the viewing pane without hiding the list as well. Thank you. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:18 AM

At the top -

Click on "view"

then "layout"

in the new window, under the "Preview Pane" section, you'll see where you can uncheck "show preview pane".

Click "OK" and you'll be back in Windows Mail, without the visible Preview Pane.

Tada !

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 debev64

debev64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:19 AM

So easy when you know how! Who'd have thought "layout" rather than "view"? Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users