Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Moves Around By Itself

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Darkfire

Darkfire

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:55 AM

Every ten minutes or so, my mouse cursor will go beyond my control for several minutes. It starts moving around on it's own, and I can't move it much on my own. I don't mean a slight tremble, I'm talking about the cursor rapidly shooting from the top to the bottom of the screen, back and forth. Sometimes it will stick to the top or bottom, to where I can only move the cursor left and right, and it stays this way for minutes.

I unplugged the mouse, and started watching a movie. The cursor still moves on it's own, so it's not the mouse itself.

I tried scanning with Spybot, AdAware, and AVG, and I'm finding nothing.

What is going on with this, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Im not using a wireless connection, either. I think its a joke program, I check the process tabs when it happens nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

Have you tried using a different mouse?

Have a look at Mouse pointer moves erratically or does not respond when you use a Microsoft pointing device.
This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:01 PM

In addition, If it's an optical, you may want to look at you mouse pad. I know of past issues where certain pads pal havoc with optical mice.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 Darkfire

Darkfire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

Its not my mouse. It stops when I prest ctrl+alt+del. If I unplug the mouse it still does it. Its not my mouse. I've switched pads and mice. I even did that, it still is screwy.

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

The following is an excerpt from the link I provided.

When you use a Microsoft pointing device on a Microsoft Windows-based computer, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
The pointer may move erratically.
The pointer may not respond when you move the pointing device.
Nothing happens when you click a button on the pointing device.
The pointing device may stop working after several minutes of use.

It is not referring to the mouse, but the cursor and definitely worth having a look at.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 Darkfire

Darkfire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:47 PM

So, its either a joke program or my mouse? ALso, someone picked my log up thanks.

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:47 AM

Darkfire,

Since you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
That could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users