Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Alert Popup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 animalmother555

animalmother555

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:21 PM

I am moderately competent when it comes to computers and how they work, so please be kind at my lack of knowledge in there workings. I have had an issue in the past with "Spydawn" and used 'SmitFraudfix" to destroy "Spydawn" in the past. Now it would seem that my computer has come under attack again from something i only know as "system alert popup". I looked all over the web and found lots of info on how to destroy this trojan, (I'm not sure if that is the proper name for it) ant downloaded "Hijackthis" to combat the problem, only to find out i have no idea how to use "Hijackthis". I have "Ad-Aware" on my pc and ran it several times, but it was unable to destroy my problem. I also ran "SmitFraudfix" 3 times, 2 of those were in the safe start mode and it was unable to destroy "system alert popup". In my progam control panel I found a file labeled "system alert popup" that was @4k and I removed it, but after reading articles on the web I found that the problem is much deeper. Please help, I look forward to any responses.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:42 AM

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum animalmother555 :thumbsup:

First please follow the directions in the link below.
Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users