Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reducing Picture Size

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chris y

chris y

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:49 PM

I'm trying to upload pictures to a website, and it says "maximum size 1000x700" my pictures are all around 1740x1120 how do I reduce them?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 13 May 2007 - 02:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

This program - Irfanview - has been mentioned as an excellent, free program that will do what you ask, and a lot more.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:04 PM

Try one of these tutorials.

Using Paint To Adjust The Size Of An Avatar
Resizing An Image Using Irfanview
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 sroy2

sroy2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

There are two methods.
1: cropping
2: resizing

When you crop you are literally cutting out part of the image, which can make the image smaller if you remove the outside.
This can be done easily in paint, or virtually any other image editing software and some none image editing software like MS word.

Resizing is taking your image and changing it by condensing pixels together or separating them out so that the image is larger or smaller.
This can distort the image or cause loss in quality. Once again, there are many types of software able to do this from Irfan, to Photoshop, to even MS word...

If you want a step by step tut. let me know which method, what imaging software you have, and I'll write something up real quick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users