Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack This Sub-forum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:29 AM

not sure if this is in the right place
and as my topic description says it's just an idea.
basically i just have a couple of questions about hjt logs when i look at mine (i know i'm not infected)
but i see things on there that i have deleted months ago i,e anti trojan elite, now that program was uninstalled a while back along with couple of others but still show on my log and i was wondering if they are safe to fix with hjt and as i don't want to bother the hjt team with this as they are very busy,i was wondering
if we could have a sub forum wer people could type in what remnants of programs they have on there log
and is it safe to remove them .
thankyou :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

I think that that would take too much time to actually get it going and keep it going. It sounds nice but it just will not work the way you would want it because you would still need people trained in HJT.

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#3 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

Basically, there is always a risk of mucking up your system when "playing around" with HJT. So it should be looked over by some HJT staff member, to avoid this.

You can however look at those three lists hosted here, to get an idea about programs in O4 (startup) amd running processes (running process list):

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/uninstall/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/filedb/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/

Again, if you are not sure - better ask in the HJT area, than fixing and mucking up your pc...

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users