Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have I Been Hacked Into?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 slewy

slewy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:04 AM

okay, well i just got on my pc and now on every page at the top bar, the ie blue bar (with the minimize,maximise,close button on the end) it says "Malaysian Hackers", for example now it reads..
BleepingComputer.com -> Posting New Topic - Malaysian Hackers
dunno how to get rid of it running cyberdefender and ad-aware..its not picking up anything

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:08 AM

Do you mean the IE top blue bar? Because it is fixable in the regedit.

HKey_Users>S-1-5-21-606747145-436374069-839522115-1003>Software>Microsoft>Internet Explorer>Main

Find a key on Window Title and read it's value.I was infected with the same thing last time because of a hidden extension VBS coding in my pc. Hope it helps. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

#3 slewy

slewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:14 AM

yeah it is the top blue bar. what is regedit?

#4 slewy

slewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:22 AM

okay done. thanks alot

#5 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:26 AM

regedit is registery edit. Go to start-run and type regedit. You should find a window with lots of registery lines. Go to lines that I've mentioned and see whether you can edit the window blue bar title with your own name :flowers: It's fun yet, if you are infected with a vbs virus, changing it is not the 100% solution but if it is edited by another individual, so it is done.Good luck

Np.Glad it helps :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,579 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:14 AM

CAUTION: Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users in "SAFE MODE.

Download and scan with Dr.Web CureIt. Follow the instructions here for performing a scan in "safe mode".

Then perform this online Virus scan: Trend Micro Housecall <- Use "Autoclean" and manually delete what it can't clean.
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]

Edited by quietman7, 13 May 2007 - 08:18 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users