Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Totrecsched In Start Up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jrik

Jrik

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:28 PM

TotRecSched is in my startup list. Bleeping Computer says removing it is up to you but I'm still unsure, could anyone tell me thier experience.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:38 PM

This a streaming video recording program. If you remove it you will not be able to run the "Total Recorder" from High Criteria.
This appears to be a legitimate program so it real just depends if you want that program on your computer. If you decide you do not, uninstall it verse just deleting it.

Total Recorder records PC audio from almost any source, including streamed audio from programs like Windows Media Player. It can also record conventional audio from CD's, the microphone and other input lines on a sound card.

Edited by acklan, 12 May 2007 - 07:41 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Jrik

Jrik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

Thanks acklan, I know what it is , I just didn't know if it could still be switched on manually (when you clik TotalRecorder.exe ) without having it automatically start up when you boot.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:17 PM

If it were me, I would just set it to manual start it the Administrative Services. If missing a few MBs of space does not bother you I would not mess with it. Sometimes unistalling a program can have unexpected results.
Good luck on whatever you decide.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Jrik

Jrik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:55 AM

Thanks acklan, I believe it's the 'timer' which I've never used, if I want to record something I always have been here to do it. I was'nt so worried about taking up disk space, more wanting to start up quicker, though now I'll've to work out what to do with so many things that when unchecked & rebooted have turned (checked) themselves back on again.

#6 rsa

rsa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

TotRecSched.exe is added when you install Total Recorder and automatically runs at start-up. It is a program that schedules recordings automatically if you've entered any in the program.

You can stop this program from loading at start-up with no adverse effects to the Total Recorder program. If this feature does not load at start up the program will still work as usual when opened.

To stop TotRecSched.exe from loading at start-up follow these directions:

1. Open Total Recorder
2. Go to "Options" in the tool bar
3. Click on "Settings" > General > Restrictions (button) > Check the "Disable scheduler" radio button
4. Click "OK" and "OK" again to close the settings window

BTW Total Recorder is by far one of the best, least expensive and user-friendly sound recording programs that I've ever used. Besides working flawlessly with almost any sound file, it will record any sound being played on your computer and save it as almost any type of file. Highly recommended!

Edited by rsa, 29 August 2007 - 11:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users