Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folder Settings Not Staying!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 khopek

khopek

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

Folder settings are not staying when using "BROWSE" or "UPLOAD" from websites... For example, I am trying to work on my website and upload a ton of images which I actually need to see as Thubmnails, but every time I exit the Browse window and then go back to upload another image, it switches back to Detail View. It's getting very irritating and wasting my time...This worked before and I do not know why it is not working any longer. Folder settings when going through folder on my computer seems to remember. HELP?

This is how I want it to look EVERY TIME...
Posted Image

This is what it goes back to EVERY TIME...
Posted Image

Edited by khopek, 12 May 2007 - 06:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:28 PM

Check your settings in the Folder Options applet. You can access the Folder Options applet by one of the following methods:

| Start >> My Computer >> Tools >> Folder Options |

-OR-

| Start >> Control Panel >> Folder Options |

You want to navigate to the View tab of the Folder Options applet.

There are a couple of things you can do. You can select a View option and then Apply it to all Folders. Or you can select to have Windows Explorer remember each folder's view whenever you access them.

If you want to set a particular View option (i.e. Thumbnails) to apply to all folders, exit out of the Folder Options applet. From My Computer, select the View you wish to use (i.e. Thumbnails). Once you have selected the View that you wish to use, you can open up the Folder Options applet again, and then select the "Apply to All Folders" radio button on the View tab.

-OR-

You can scroll down the list of Advanced Settings and check the box for Remember each folder's view settings. The next time you work with a specific folder, set the View option you wish and Windows Explorer will remember it the next time you access the folder.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users