Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Finding A Computer Case

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

I need help finding a Purple computer case for my Girlfriends computer. I have google searched and so far haven't found anything all that good. I did find an Evercase GC4292P that looks pretty cool. but its discontinued and I Can't find anyone that sells it. I have thought of just painting a cheap one. But I've never done it before.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

Too bad she doesn't like blue - I've been using a Coolermaster Centurion 5 Case in blue for a few years.

I got it because someone told me the blue ones run faster than the black or silver ones. :thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:49 PM

How about this.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

Oh, great -

hope those purple ones aren't faster than the blue ones!

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#5 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

I've got the black centurion 5, it runs WAY faster than the blue one. Trust me. =P

Actually, with stock cooling I overclocked my case to 5 ghz!

Edited by T, 12 May 2007 - 09:32 PM.

Posted Image

#6 emucade

emucade

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:54 AM

vtech 6688kb-64 can be found in purple.
I had an aluminum case that I took to an automotive body shop and had painted yellow.
It cost about $150.00
This was about 6 years ago. It still looks like new.
vtech 6688kb-64 can be found in purple.
I had an aluminum case that I took to an automotive body shop and had painted yellow.
It cost about $150.00
This was about 6 years ago. It still looks like new.
But if you really love her you could get her a Voodoo Omen

http://www.voodoopc.com/system/quotekitchenlast.aspx?spid=61
" If you want to be the best you better learn how do defend yourself,
Because when you are the best everybody wants to kick youre a** "
My Dad 1986

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:54 AM

I've got the black Centurion 5 also - it's by far the fastest case that I've ever had! :thumbsup:

Seriously, you can paint almost any case. To ensure a good job these points may help:
1) Paint the case in pieces - not whole
2) Mask(tape) off everything you don't want painted
3) Roughen up the original finish with sandpaper.
4) Make sure that all the dust from the sandpaper is removed before starting to paint
5) Use a good quality primer for the first coat - remember that light coats are best as long as they completely cover.
6) Use multiple light coats of a good quality paint for the purple color to ensure that it doesn't run or sag on you. If it does, sand it down and start over - there's no real fix for the runs!
7) Let it dry - if not sure, let it dry some more. Fingerprints are the pits on a new paint job!
8) Reap the rewards for a great job!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:14 PM

@acklan and emucade found those ones there all discontinued :huh: thanks for looking though. I may just get the centurion 5 case for myself and find her a white one and paint it. I used to do custom car audio work and painting interiors was one of them. But I live in an apartment now and I don't have my spray guns anymore. I talked to a buddy of mine he said I can go to sherwin williams pick out a color and they can give me a propellant bottle. Kind of like spray paint only ALLOT better. Thanks for the tips usama I remember painting plastics in Car audio it takes allot of sanding and primer. I figure 3 coats of primer, 3-4 coats of royal purple with color sanding in between and 4 coats of clear. That should last forever. Sounds good now whether I have the patients to do all that is a different story.. I Will post pictures of what I come up with.

P.S. keep looking if you have time, If I don't have to paint I'd prolly be cheaper

Edit: woohoo 100 post :thumbsup:

Edited by Sneakycyber, 13 May 2007 - 12:15 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

#9 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

@ emucade If she can wait till her birthday in November I may get her that Vodoo case. But she really isnt THAT into computers yet. As long as it works she's happy.

Chad Mockensturm 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users