Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iexplorer.exe. May I Have Information, Please?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Reena

Reena

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

First I must apologise if this question is posted in the incorrect section.

I have Windows XP Home Edition ; Internet Explorer 7.

For some reason Zone Alarm has started warning me that iexplorer.exe is tracking every keystroke and mouse movement. This has never happened before so I am wondering what is happening.

I have tried to find out using Google and am confused. Some people say that this is a tracking programme that should be removed ; others that this is needed by IE7.

I would appreciate any advice/help you can offer. I do try and protect my PC and have AVG, AdAware SE ,Spyware Blaster,, CWS Shredder, SpyBot Search & Destroy, and Spyware Guard installed, as well as Zone Alarm firewall.

My thanks in advance.

Moved from XP Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 12 May 2007 - 05:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:28 PM

Hello,

iexplore.exe belongs to internet explorer which is nothing to be concerned about, however, you say that iexplorer.exe is causing you problems? this is a process belonging to the AdClicker advertising program. Are all your security products up to date? if so they should remove the problem. you might want to download hijackthis from http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php and submit your log here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

That file name is also used by a keylogger. Is it possible that some one could have installed Spyware.perfect on the computer? An employer, family member? If not then definitely post a Hijack This Log by following the directions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

Thank you, Alan and Buddy, for the advice.

SpyBot discovered three minor "threats" and dealt with them and, touch wood, all seems to be well.

I had my HiJack Log checked out here a wek or so ago and that was fine.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,133 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:56 AM

So, you are just going to ignore the iexplorer.exe warning from Zone Alarm?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:32 AM

OK to ignore.
This started with IE7 installation for me as well and several instances reported on the ZoneLabs forum.
IE7 uses some new code which IE6 did not have. ZA sees the sections of new code (drivers?) as a threat. Just allow it to be able to navigate through the menus. Set the permissions for IE in the Program list to two green checkmarks from the left for trusted and internet access. Not server rights. Actually having done that, the message continues for me on every first start to get at some menu item, but only first. Afterwards it's quiet. You can also tell ZA to remember the decision.

Edited by tos226, 16 May 2007 - 09:33 AM.

#7 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:38 AM

Several references from people who know what they're talking about -
http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/board...essage.id=15568
http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/board...d=317077#M41909
http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/board...d=317083#M14794

#8 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:51 PM

Buddy, thank you for your concern. I did some further research and discovered that Zone Alarm had not officially "recognized" the above.
All seems well now, as I said, and I have scanned with several anti-virus and anti-spyware programmes both on and off line.

tos226, thank you also for the advice.

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,133 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

After looking at one of the links that tos226 provided, I think I see what happened. IExplore.exe is cited in tos226's link. You said it was IExplore®.exe. That is the difference. So if you mispelled the file name, it is ok to ignore.
Thanks for the links, tos226.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users