Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Freezing Or Blue Screen After Playing Games For A While

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Soto

Soto

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

when i play games for a couple of hours my computer either freezes or gets a blue screen.... one of the blue screens that i remember it said BAD_POOL_CALLER there was another one where it said trying to overwrite memory and there was a few where it didnt say anything it just said turning off windows to prevent any damage no name or anything... can anyone help cause this is getting annoying

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

Please go to 'How To Use the Event Viewer" and follow the instruction. Post the 4 most recent error messages for each category.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

Here's a link to the error message that you referred to: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0xc2

Being that you play a lot of games, the most obvious culprit (although not a sure thing) is your video drivers. Try updating them to see if it helps. Get the most recent, WHQL certified version. Stay away from any beta or performance drivers until the problem is cleared up.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:18 AM

Please go to 'How To Use the Event Viewer" and follow the instruction. Post the 4 most recent error messages for each category.

i dont have no erros latest one i had was on 5/5/07

APPLICATION HANG

#5 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

ALRIGHT I installed the latest drivers of my gfx card anyway as i was playing now i got a blue screen that said DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

this is making me mad!

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

The one common thing I can come up with, with all the vague issues that could be attributed to both of the errors you mention, Bad_Pool and DRIVER_IRQL. The common one that comes up is possibly RAM starting to fail.

I would run Memtest86 http://www.memtest86.com/
It is a free download and the instructions are under the "Technical Info" Tab

It is quite an extensive and time consuming test, and is usually run overnight. But the test will help rule out RAM issues. Both of the issues you mention have a number of possibilities. So this could take some time to isolate and diagnose. Patience is your best ally right now.

Be (processs of elimination) Safe
Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

Alright it just did it again

i just checked out the website which one should i download?

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,305 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

Memtest86 3.3 Release (12/Jan/2007)

Pre-Compiled Memtest86 v3.3 installable from Windows and DOS

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#9 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

then just install and run?

#10 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:34 PM

it's asking me to enter disk image what do i enter can someomne lay down what i have to do

#11 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

alright so i ran the test and this is what i got

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

so is it messed up or what?

Edited by Soto, 14 May 2007 - 08:40 PM.

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,305 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

Yes Your RAM is failing. Specifically 2 tests:
Test 7 [Random number sequence]
This test writes a series of random numbers into memory. By resetting the seed for the random number the same sequence of number can be created for a reference. The initial pattern is checked and then complemented and checked again on the next pass. However, unlike the moving inversions test writing and checking can only be done in the forward direction.

Test 8 [Modulo 20, ones&zeros]
Using the Modulo-X algorithm should uncover errors that are not detected by moving inversions due to cache and buffering interference with the the algorithm. As with test one only ones and zeros are used for data patterns.

Those are the tests you are failing and your RAM should be replaced to solve, at least one, if not all your issues.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#13 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

thankkk you so much my ram is still under warranty so tomorrow i will go replace it

again thank you!

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,305 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

You're quite welcome. Take copies of the memtest output to prove it to them, if need be.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#15 Soto

Soto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:31 PM

You're quite welcome. Take copies of the memtest output to prove it to them, if need be.

yea will do i have the same pictures i posted on here in my cell phone i might just even take them to this site just so they can see it better..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users