Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling Shockwave

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Inseriousity.

Inseriousity.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:52 AM

Hello there!

I'm only young and I use Shockwave for a game called Habbo Hotel. I have tried to uninstall Shockwave by going to add and remove programs. I done it there but Shockwave still works. I went to the C: folders and searched Shockwave and these folders came up, which I have tried to delete.

HOWEVER (and this is where I need your help), I keep getting the following message for EVERYTHING I try to remove!

Cannot delete.... :access is denied

Make sure that the disk is not full or write-protected. Make sure that the file isn't currently in use

I haven't got Shockwave running so I don't know what the problem is.

PLEASE HELP ME. Oh and I'm young and don't have a clue about computers so if we try and keep it simple like you're explaining it to a child (like I am!)

Thank you.

PS. A moderator can move this if it is wrong place...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:42 PM

have you tried logging in as adminastrator through safe mode and then trying to delete?

Edited by mz30, 12 May 2007 - 12:46 PM.

god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 13,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

You may need to use the special uninstaller.
Shockwave uninstaller (The uninstaller will work for Shockwave Player version 6 and higher.)
To get the uninstaller, click the link below and save the file to your hard drive:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...er_Version=MSIE

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users