Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Mouse Behavior (and Keyboard?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LadyGahan

LadyGahan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

Hi
I'm just desperate now, I'm about to buy new ones but what if it doesn't help.... :thumbsup:

These are compaq mouse and keyboard that came with the computer... PS/2, both corded, mouse with a ball, two button and a wheel. Windows XP Media Edition.
It started a couple of months ago, only related with Internet browsing. Worst affected was Firefox. WHen I clicked to write in a field, the cursor behaved as if I pressed the wheel and turned into the cross arrows to move the page around. The page was thus scrolling up and down depending how I moved the mouse. In IE the cursor seemed "not working", clicking had no effect whatsoever. Most of the time it would "pass" by itself. Just leave Internet for 30 mins or so and do something else.
Then it stopped, I had no problems for maybe a month.
Now the same problems came back, with an exception IE is fine. Only FF and it's rare. My problem is that now one of my favorite apps seems to be affected by these weird problems. And it's even weirder. When I open Photoshop, (not any other part of the suite, ImageReady works fine) certain parts of the screen are un-clickable. It looks as if the mouse click on them (you know, the mouse-over effect), but nothing happens. Sometimes keyboard shortcuts work, sometimes they don;t, but there's no shortcut for some important functions that I need to do.

Is it my Photoshop suite not working? Is it mouse? Is it OS? :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:17 AM

I would uninstall all of your Firefox add-ons, then uninstall Firefox. Then install a freshly downloaded copy to see if it fixes your problems. Add the add-ons one at a time and test to see if the problem returns.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 LadyGahan

LadyGahan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:00 PM

I did, and for the first time in 4-5 days I could open Photoshop and actually do something.
Thanks... I'll be watching and hoping nothing will come up :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users