Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Can't Change The Fsb Speed For My Athlon Xp 3000+

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 perfectpasta

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:05 AM

I just bought an Athlon XP 3000+ (clock speed 2.167GHz) but it's only running at 1304Mhz according to the "AMD core centre" with FSB 119 MHz and multiplier 11.0x. I've tried changing the fsb speed and multiplier in the bios to various different configurations multiplying to up to 2.1 GHz, but whenever I change it, the computer just doesn't boot (I press the power button and it powers up but doesn't beep or put anything on the screen) and I then have to clear the CMOS with a jumper on the motherboard.

Does anyone have any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,080 posts
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:22 PM

What model motherboard is it. And is your heatsink properly fastend. if its not the computer will shut down once the CPU reaches critical temperatures.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 emucade

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

After overclocking your cpu have you adjusted your memorys clock speed?
An AMD 64 bit 3000 can run very stable at 2 gigs. you should get about 2.2 gigs.
I would check all you memory sticks and see what the lowest speed is. If one of your dims
Is at 333 mhz then you cant clock the memory at 400 MHz. Most of the time this is set as a default speed. A good way to check if your memorys clock speed is incorrect is to select Top Performance in the bios. If your computer doesnít boot then you have a memory mismatch. Also if your memory is set to Dual channel all your dims need to be the same.
I would also download Sandra lite. Itís a good program to check the voltage on your CPU, Memory
and video card. This could save you a lot of time.
" If you want to be the best you better learn how do defend yourself,
Because when you are the best everybody wants to kick youíre a** "
My Dad 1986

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users