Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Problem After Another

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 REED81

REED81

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:47 AM

To whom ever may help. My problem started with a few annoying things such as a a box popping up shortly after opening Internet Explorer that said "IE has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" - I could drag it down and keep working but then a screen would show up after clicking on something that read "SECURITY CENTER HELP Protect Your PC WARNING! Spyware files are detected on your computer". I could hit the back button and then click the link again and it would maybe go to it or maybe cack to this same page. The address bar would read http://livewinupdates.com/redir/?aid=381 I also have a smaller than normal font. I have Stopzilla and ran it but it did not fix my problem. So, I downloaded a program called spyware doctor. After running the program I removed what it had detected. Right after doing that I could no longer open IE. A box popped up saying "this application has failed to start because msvcrl.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem" I've tried almost everything and am lost. I have ran a HiJackThis log but have not posted it with anyone yet. Would that help? If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:58 AM

Yes, posting the HijackThis log would definitely help - let the experts sort it out. Try following all the steps in this article.

Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:03 AM

Hi Reed81, you need to post a hijack this log and let the hijack team help you http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users