Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Printer Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 viewmate

viewmate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:27 PM

MY PRINTER WILL PRINT NORMALLY AT TIMES BUT MORE TIMES THAN NOT IT WILL ONLY PRINT AFTER RESTARTING THE P/C WHAT IS WRONG AND WHAT CAN I DO TO PRINT WITH OUT RESTARTING THE PC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:18 AM

How is your printer connected to the PC?

If USB, this may relate to your problem with your camera and USB.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 jmgerla

jmgerla

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

I am having the same problem when printing. I am hooked up USB, but I can only print when I restart the computer. I have reinstalled driver, but get the same error. I looked up the device manager and it says it is hooked up IEEE. Please help!!!!

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:29 PM

This is a common complaint about HP printers. It also happens to me every once in a while. It's annoying to have to reboot just to print. Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution. The most common advice is to uninstall and reinstall the printer, which does not solve the issue. I did find one reference to disable bidirectional support (Control Panel/Printers, right click on the printer icon, properties, ports tab). So I disabled it about 15 minutes ago, and have no idea if it will solve the problem because for the past few days the printer has been working as it should work.
(I googled bidirectional support and don't understand what it is)

#5 brunogranlund

brunogranlund

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

I have a net at home consisting of three PC (wired), one PC and two laptops on wireless and a HP ColorLaserjet 3600DN (wired).
Some weeks ago we had difficulties getting our prints without restarting the computer or the printer in the entire network.
I have tried to reinstall the drivers without success. and I have changed to a permanent IP-adress for the printer and changed the parameters in the printers panel.
It seems as if the printer looses its contact with the net after a short while after being started. The computer says it is ready, but can't get in contact when printing.
Now we have to shut down the printer, order print on the computer and run to the printer to start it. Then it is possible to print several documents for a very short time (minute).
I have searched for possible viruses that can affect the functin, but I have not found any. I found and removed boot.com and autorun.inf on almost all partitions in two computers. That didn't change the function.
Anyone having had problems with the internal DirectJet printerserver in HP printers?

Bruno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users