Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP HELP HELP!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 raegstar

raegstar

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:15 AM

hi,
im running on windows 95 and a stupid perosn i know went on command promt and typed deltree /y C:*.* wich delets all the file on my computer. now when i turn it on it says cant find this and cant find that and error iv tried reinstalling windows 95 by changing the settings in the setup mode (when u turn on the computer it says press del for setup) then i changed the boot Sequence
too cd rom first then putting in the windows 95 cd and it said loading and then said fail loading cd drive not found and i am guessing that it also deleted my cd rom drive
plz if u know how to fix my problem and get my computer running again HELP ME!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raegstar

raegstar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:22 AM

plz someone

//MOD Edit: I've removed your duplicate posting in the Win 95/98*Grinler Forum.

Multiple posts only serve to confuse those trying to help you. It doesn't get help
to you any quicker.

Please be patient. All here are volunteers and someone knowledgeable will get
to you when they are able.

That being said, :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer

Edited by KoanYorel, 16 January 2005 - 05:28 AM.

#3 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:13 AM

it said loading and then said fail loading cd drive not found and i am guessing that it also deleted my cd rom drive
plz if u know how to fix my problem and get my computer running again HELP ME!!!!!

Yep.. your putter can't find cd-rom drivers cause you deleted them.. I think it would be easiest to install Windows again, but you'll need a boot disk in order to load cd-rom supporting drivers.. Do you have boot disk? if you don't, you can d/l one here
Let me know if you need assistance with instalation.. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Sure is Bubba. But why you asking?"
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

#4 raegstar

raegstar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:00 AM

any thing else plz help

#5 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:08 AM

you had a solution to download a boot disk i have no expirieces with them and was wondering wich one i download and after iv download it and out it on a floppy how do i use it

Hi raegstar.. I think it's much better to reply to topic instead of sending a private message.. :thumbsup: So that more people with similar problem can benefit from given answer. Maybe one of mods can move this topic to apropriate forum as this got noting to do with introductions..

Windows 95 diskette does not have CD-ROM support and is missing a few recommended files. Windows 98 boot diskette however will give you all the needed files as well as CD-ROM support. So download Windows 98 SE OEM from site I already mentioned.
(Alt1 and 2 are alternatives if one download location is to bussy or down) Save downloaded file (boot98se.exe.) to map of your choice, put an empty 1.44 floppy disk in your computer and double-click on boot98se.exe. Writting process will begin, and when completed, you'll have Win.98SE Boot-Disk.
It's important that computer you use to make start-up disk is virus free so virus won't be able to writte itself to your floppy disk. Once everything is done, lock your floppy so it's writte protected. (Lock sign closed)

Deleting a partition using the fdisk:

1.Place the Win.98 start-up disk in the computer and reboot.
2.Boot the computer with CD-ROM support press option (1)
3.When CD-Rom is installed, you'll get command A:\>
4.A:\> Now Type; fdisk It will look like this; A:\>fdisk
5.In FDISK Options window choose option 3 (Delete partition or logical DOS Drive)

Deleting a partition using the fdisk will remove all information from the hard disk. Normally this is done when you needed to remove possible virus or other operating systems loaded on sectors that cannot be removed using format utility. To do this from the fdisk menu choose option 3:

3 - Delete partition or logical DOS Drive and than back in FDISK Options window select option 1
1 - Create DOS Partition or logical DOS Drive.
Enter Volume label (name for your machine), if no Volume label is specified or you don't wish to name your machine, just press enter.

(Creating a primary DOS partition, you'll have to specify how big primary partition will have to be (size in Mb or percent of disk). For example if you want to make free drive, than specify the full amount of available disk space for each drive. But I don't think you'd like to do that right now so just leave the computer to create full partition for drive C..)

1.Place the Win.98 start-up disk in the computer and reboot (restart) to get to the DOS prompt.

2.You'll need to boot the computer with CD-ROM support so press option (1) to boot from the CD-ROM.

3.At this point, DOS will install needed drivers for CD-Rom.

4.Restart your computer, and at the MS-DOS prompt type; format c: /s

5.The computer will ask you "Are you sure you want to erase everything on drive c:" press "Y" for yes and press enter.

6.After all this is done, the computer will begin the formatting process.

Once the format process is completed successfully, eject startup disk, and insert Windows 95 CD into your CD-ROM drive and restart again. From here evrything goes pretty much automatic.. Windows installation will start and you'll have to choose type of install. Read the options, and select one you want. Have your Windows serial number handy cause you'll need it to continue the install procedure.
Also important is the fact that you should make sure to have a virus and rest of malware scanners reddy on CD and install them BEFORE YOU CONNECT TO INTERNET!!!

Edited by Notorious, 17 January 2005 - 11:11 AM.

Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

#6 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:17 AM

Moved as per request.

Thanks for the help Notorious!!
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#7 raegstar

raegstar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:08 PM

Thanks heaps ill tell u if it works and im srry bout that im just a noobie :thumbsup:

#8 raegstar

raegstar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:14 PM

ok now im stuck :thumbsup: i did the stuff with the disk and now i restart the computer and then it says fail loading cd or sumtin

#9 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:32 PM

No problem with newb thing.. :flowers: We all had to learn at some point.. :thumbsup:
I think something went wrong with installing CD-ROM drivers.. Can you tell me exactly what is the error message? When you insert Windows CD and restart your computer, do you see Windows logo in startup screen?
Posted Image

#10 raegstar

raegstar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:39 PM

it says "boot from ATAPI CD-ROM failuer"

#11 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:57 PM

Please read my message and format your putter again. Make sure you click option 1 Boot the computer with CD-ROM support..
I have to go to bed now because I got to get up early.. We'll go further tomorrow.. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#12 raegstar

raegstar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:19 AM

r u there notorius

#13 raegstar

raegstar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:53 PM

i may have found the problem when im dooing the fdiak thing i press 3 then enter then i do the 2nd one and i press 1 then it says wat drive do u wanna delet blah blah then i press enter and it says enter volume label i type my name "raegan" and then i press enter and it says "Volume lable does not match."

now what do u think i should do

#14 raegstar

raegstar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:08 AM

is there any one else that could help

#15 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 03:18 AM

If you are formating with Fdisk the volume the name of the drive .Presumed C: .
In the list of drive in Fdisk type the name of the volume. If it does not have a name you may be instructed to type "NO NAME". Hope this helped.

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users