Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting A Song On My Myspace Page

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:15 PM

I am looking to put moonbaby by godsmack on my myspace profile and cant figure out how to do it. I have it on my computer but I cant get it on myspace. Anyone know how to do this? Here is a link to my myspace page.

tp://www.myspace.com/wuusssup

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:59 PM

Hey chugg,

If "moonbaby" isnt on offer in Godsmack's music space, then heres how you can make your own music player.

Make sure all your music files are mp3 format.

you need two windows open.

1.) go to snapdrive, heres a link: http://www.snapdrive.net/
a ) register for free.
b ) select upload at the top.
c ) select add file, choose your tune then upload.
d ) your tune will be displayed on a screen with "add to clipboard" and "ok" at the bottom. Select ok and your tune will be uploaded to a file with a url code at the ready...Upload all your tunes if you like :thumbsup:

2.) The second window needs to be poqbum, heres the link: http://www.poqbum.com/
a ) select "Flash mp3 player generator", select the type of player you want (they can hold up to 15 tunes, but there are one track players too), select continue, there will be a table with one side for you to paste URL codes and the other for song titles.
b ) Go back into snapdrive and go to "my files". All your uploaded tunes should be listed.
c ) select the song you want, and at the bottom select the "URL" option saying linking codes.
d ) copy the code, go into poqbum and paste the URL code in the table, when finished select continue at bottom and your player should appear with the code underneith for you to paste in your "about me" section in your myspace profile.

Hope this is of help, i dont know if there are any other easier ways but i've had no problems :flowers:

NICE ONE!!
nn23

Edited by nn23, 10 May 2007 - 02:02 PM.

#3 Cozy

Cozy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

I use to make my own playlists but then found this one site and have taken the lazy route, :thumbsup: . It's really easy to use and I did a quick search and it has the song you are looking for the site is called Imeem. You can listen to other peoples playlists, make your own, etc. All you need to do is the usual sign up, search for the song(s) you want add them to a playlist and then copy and paste the code they give you anywhere on your myspace page. :flowers:

#4 Phantom65

Phantom65

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:21 AM

I use to make my own playlists but then found this one site and have taken the lazy route, :thumbsup: . It's really easy to use and I did a quick search and it has the song you are looking for the site is called Imeem. You can listen to other peoples playlists, make your own, etc. All you need to do is the usual sign up, search for the song(s) you want add them to a playlist and then copy and paste the code they give you anywhere on your myspace page. :trumpet:

Another site which does this is http://www.finetune.com/

I have checked it for your particular track - some Godsmack in there but unfortunatley not that one. It's great fun compiling a playlist though :flowers:
How can I be free/How can I get out
Am I really me/Am I Someone else

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:14 PM

I personally use Project Playlist. Its pretty cool and allow you to have 100 songs in your playlist. Its free and has many good tracks.

BTW Moonbaby is not currently on the Beta search and the old Search is down for right now but there is a positive they have a cover of Godsmack doing White Zombie's "thunderkiss '65". Oh yeah and if you want to see it in action check out my myspace im "BlackSpyder" there

Edited by BlackSpyder, 13 May 2007 - 12:05 AM.

Posted Image

#6 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:31 PM

I personally use Project Playlist. Its pretty cool and allow you to have 100 songs in your playlist. Its free and has many good tracks.

BTW Moonbaby is not currently on the Beta search and the old Search is down for right now but there is a positive they have a cover of Godsmack doing White Zombie's "thunderkiss '65". Oh yeah and if you want to see it in action check out my myspace im "BlackSpyder2k2" there

BlackSpyder2k2 didnt work. I wanted to check it out too.

#7 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

I origionally embedded my mp3 into my page. No player you just go to my page and it would automatically play then loop at the end and start over; however, about 9 months ago, I changed my mp3, and it stopped working. I tried another mp3 and had the same result. I notice that before I would go under edit my profile, and all that would be there would be the embedded code with the mp3 file, now the code changes by itself to a 4-5 line code and I cant play any music.

I have asked alot of people on some of the myspace computer forums, and even contacted myspace with no luck.

Here is the old code:

without the parentheses

( <embed src="AUDIO URL HERE" height="0" width="0" autostart="true" loop="true"></embed> )

Now when I put in the same code I get this:

<object type="application/x-mplayer2" classid="6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="0" width="0">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="InvokeURLs" value="0" />
<param name="fileName" value="http://www.glassdanse.com/01-Sowing_Season_(Yeah).mp3" />
<param name="URL" value="http://www.glassdanse.com/01-Sowing_Season_(Yeah).mp3" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.glassdanse.com/01-Sowing_Season_(Yeah).mp3" />
</object>

Maybe some here can help.
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users