Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 6 Encounters Problem And Must Close

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:43 AM

First I have had my toshiba M50-MX5 checked by the office techie and a company for malware etc. and it is clean.
I have never had IE 7 installed on it.

My system is xpsp2 and my security is SMC Router, Alpha Shield, NAV, spybot,adaware se,spywareblaster, trojan hunter and I have never had malware issues with my 4 year old toshiba satellite 2410 nor this current 2 yr old model.

My version of IE 6 is:

App name Iexplore.exe
App ver: 6.0.2900.2180
Mod name:comct32.dll
Mod ver: 5.82.2900.2982
Offset:00014784

The Error problem is intermittent and the Window does not always disappear when I click on Don't Send message to M$.

I have tried this tool as I thought that it maybe a corrupt file:
My Webpage

I have tried this and get an Error at the second last sentence: " Right click the ie.inf and click Install on the context menu."
The Error that I get is "IExplore.exe, File not Found. Please verify the correct file name was given."

Does any member have any idea of what I might do?

I am not a techie and wouldn't know how to Unistall and Reinstall, especially since this is xpsp2 and was done at the office by our office tech via the internet when upgrading from sp1. And then of course there were subsequent IE patches.
This is my notebook that I use for work and my responsibility to see that it is working properly, thus I am trying to figure this out myself without having to take it into a shop.

I look forward to any comments, thankyou.
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users