Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video drivers backup utility

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jaybird934

Jaybird934

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:10 AM

Because occasionally I've been given an old computer to fix (which may require reformatting), and the video driver was something obscure enough not be found on the manufacturer's website or Driverguide, etc., I'm wondering if there is a freeware utility to create a backup of the video drivers already on the computer??

thanks much, Jaybird

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:53 AM

None that I know of unfortunately. What type of video card do you have?

#3 Jaybird934

Jaybird934
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:33 PM

I have crappy integrated video :thumbsup: , which is easy to find drivers for :flowers: . I ask because while working on computers others have given me I've occasionally wished some shareware like that existed. Or, I thought maybe there was a way to manually back these up so that after formatting the same drivers could be put back to work. Almost always I can find drivers via the manufacturer, but not always. I couple of the drivers I sought had many b-board threads devoted entirely to complaining about how impossible to find they were. It's been a while or I'd share the name.

thanks for the reply, Jaybird

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:42 PM

Yeah the problem is that installs are usually spread all over the place so getting all the files together and backing em up properly would be difficult.

#5 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:27 PM

Maybe this will help, jaybird
http://www.driver-soft.com/
and BTW, your assistance with the windows update problem was much appreciated.

Good research, well presented.

Thanks, that is exactly what makes this board work.

Good luck in the final stages of the fix you and groovicus are working on. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 18 January 2005 - 09:28 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#6 Jaybird934

Jaybird934
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:16 PM

Thanks phawgg for the compliment and the link. I might have to use that next time the situation arises. I found another here, in case someone searching this thread should want options. http://www.driverguidetoolkit.com/

Groovicus and I are actually fixing the computer of another friend of mine. (like my first HJT post Joe London fixed) I started not to even post this log, because I thought it may be reformat time...after running ad-aware (which I could not update) and finding 13,000 objects. :thumbsup: Literally. Housecall found 8 viruses.....and to think we've almost got it whipped already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users