Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Gfx Card Wont Work!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gaming freakz

gaming freakz

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:50 AM

i got this card recently.disabled onboard intel xtreme graphics from dev. man. and uninstall the drivers.but XP tells it needs to resatrt the PC for changes to take effect.i press yes n the PC restarts and searches fr the drivers agn n installs the onboard video agn,,all by itself!

the BIOS is of no use in this case

the card has agp INTERFACE
By the time you have read this.....you have wasted 3 seconds of your life.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

Are you sure you have to uninstall the old drivers on your integrated graphics. I don't have to with my graphics card. Do you have the card installed now? If you don't just put it in and plug your monitor into it.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:20 PM

Why is the BIOS of no use?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 gaming freakz

gaming freakz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:29 AM

@ sterling14
yes the card is in the AGP slot.but i havent plugged monitor to it.cuz whenever i do so there is no display in monitor.the PC works alright{i can hear system sounds,avast gets updated etc..}but there is no diplay.i tried using CRT instead of LCD i use rite now.but the same problem occurs

@ garmanma
whenever i uninstall drivers n disable onboard video n then restart PC to enter BIOS it shows active video as intel extreme graphics.and i cant even change that.the options available in bios are
1)shared system memory - 512k,1024k{current selection},8192k
2)active video - PCI{current selection},Integrated
3)AGP Graphics Aperture - 32mb,64mb,,128mb,256mb{current selection}

#5 gaming freakz

gaming freakz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:30 AM

how much power supply does this card need.
i got a 230 w psu.which i feel is not enuf n is the main cause of problem.but i may be wrong

#6 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:43 AM

That's a pretty small PSU, go HERE, half way down the page is a link called The truth about power supplies. Click on it, in there is a list of how much power each componet uses in your computer and you can add them up to see if your PSU is big enough. If you need to get a new one, I like Antec and Thermaltake. I'm sure there are other brands but don't go cheap. The cheap ones don't supply power good enough for a lot of stuff and can crap out easily. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#7 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

Wait, though. With your card in, have you plugged your monitor into the integrated graphics and get a display?

From there (if running windows 98/xp) right click on the desktop and click properties. Then go to the settings tab. Afterwards click the Display: drop down box and select your graphics card. Click extend view onto monitor, then use as primary monitor. Then go back to the integrated graphics and uncheck the box saying extend view onto this monitor. Hopefully this works for you!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:05 PM

I am using a Rosewill power supply. I just got it a few weeks ago. Its holding up greate I have a mild system. Intel Celeron 2.7 Processor OC'd to 3.0 ghz, 1024 mg of DDR 266, Radeon 9200 PCI video, Segate 120 gig HDD. The powersupply seems really well built using steel for the case, high quality connectors and a good fan for cooling
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#9 gaming freakz

gaming freakz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:34 AM

i do get proper display when monitor is connected to integrated graphics

you sure there's a drop down box under Display heading

http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2...12105338ar8.jpg

Edited by gaming freakz, 12 May 2007 - 12:39 AM.

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:56 AM

We had a similar problem at work the other day. Some of the fixes that we tried were:

1) Reset the BIOS to default
2) Flash the BIOS
3) Another video card

In our case we took the easy way out and sent it out to the service center for a motherboard replacement - dunno if that's going to fix it tho'!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users