Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.downloader-gen/inst2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 I_Hate_Viruses

I_Hate_Viruses

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

Just when I thought I got rid of the viruses and spyware/adware that infected my computer, I did a last and final check scan with my AV's and Anti-Spyware. Ad-Aware didn't detect anything, McAfee hasnt either. SUPERAntiSpyware picked up the Trojan.Downloader-Gen/Inst2 When I think that I got rid of all the viruses that I had on my computer theres always a little something left. I have spent 6 days trying to get rid of everything. I am running on Windows XP and I have McAfee, AOL Spyware Protection, Spybot, SUPERAntiSpyware, and Ad-Aware SE.

Here are links of the forms that I had previously posted with my problems so you can get a better idea what I've been trying to deal with:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91232/ie-bombarded-with-popups-think-i-have-a-trojan-virus/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91385/ie-pop-ups-trojan-spywareadware-vundo/

The steps that I followed that people have told me to do worked getting most of the viruses that my computer was infected with gone. Can anyone help me please???? Thanks in advanced!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I_Hate_Viruses

I_Hate_Viruses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

The scan is finished and I see that the Trojan is affecting my system restore. Yesterday I had the same problem but with a different type of trojan and now today I have this one....

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,992 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:55 AM

You are not finished with the Hijack This forum where you are getting expert help.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,128 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:15 AM

After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

Log posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic91385-15.html

Edited by quietman7, 10 May 2007 - 10:16 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 I_Hate_Viruses

I_Hate_Viruses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:28 PM

I have no more problems with the trojans and spyware/adware. (For now that is) Thank you all so much for helping me!

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,128 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:51 AM

Your welcome. Stay safe and malware free.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users