Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counterstrike Condition Zero

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zyao

zyao

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

I've got an Inspiron 1150 probably the worst for pure gaming but all I really play on here is condition zero.
Yet even that isn't running smoothly.

I'm getting lagspikes that are ruining the gameplay.

When I'm playing the game or not, my cpu usage shoots up to 100 randomly, I've already submitted a Hijackthis log and ruled out spyware.

I've posted another query under the widows xp forum to see if that comes up with anything.

But I've been told that I can adjust my graphic settings or maybe update my graphics driver to optimise play?

I've got a bleeping Intel extreme 2 integrated graphics card, so upgrading it wont be possible.

current driver: Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller 6.14.103775

Its an Intel celeron 2.6 GHz CPU with 512 Mb of Ram.

I also can't seem to find the Open GL setting for my graphics card.

Any help would be much appreciated :D thanks.

Edited by zyao, 10 May 2007 - 08:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

I would suggest you get SP2 installed first, then proceed to any problems that remain, since fixing several problems simultaneously can often make things worse.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 10 May 2007 - 09:18 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

Also, you could try to minimize the game during cpu spikes and then open up the task manager to see if any program on there is suddenly spiking the usage.

That happened to me once, some windows media program (I have no idea what) was causing my computer to spike every couple of seconds and I had to manually get rid of it.

#4 woodysroundup

woodysroundup

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:15 PM

Wizdabest,
I'm having ping problems with CS: Condition Zero. I've posted a Hijack This log and there is currently no spyware or malware or infections. My ping had been just fine up until about 3 months ago. Then it started spiking up during gameplay. Some servers I used to play on are unplayable now. I'm running XP SP 2 on an emachine with a Celeron D processor (I know...that sucks). I disabled onboard graphics and installed a pci Radeon 9250 card with 256 RAM on the card. It was running just fine. I suspected malware because I was using AVG and began disabling it while I played. I went through the process of disinfecting and have run Adaware, Spybot, Avast antivirus as well as Ccleaner and a couple of online scans. All of them found stuff. HJT log was looked at by someone on this forum and they said I was not infected. Ping did seem to improve after all the malware was removed, but still not where it was.

Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users