Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios Question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mojo_divide

mojo_divide

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:34 PM

my kid sister fooled around with my pc and found it later to have shut down...now the bios screen wont come up after rebooting.. what should i do? is there any way for me to open the bios from windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

It the power cord plugged in?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 mojo_divide

mojo_divide
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:18 AM

power cord? i think everything's fine.ive been able to download and do stuff with my pc... ive restarted over and over again but the bios screen still doesnt come up...

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:07 AM

What are you calling the BIOS screen? The BIOS (or sometimes called the Splash screen) it the first information that pops up when you monitor comes on. It sometimes on displays your computer's brans name, like WWW.DELL.COM.
When you say it is fine now do you mean is start as you can use it without problems?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:41 AM

Or, is it that the "splash screen" is there and the scrolling information isn't viewable because the splash screen is there. If so, then there's a setting in the BIOS to disable it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 mojo_divide

mojo_divide
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

im sorry...its the screen where you adjust the settings of your pc?is that the bios or cmos? (noob)...where you press del right? (noob) it just goes directly to windows...

Edited by mojo_divide, 10 May 2007 - 12:58 PM.

#7 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

Ah, now we get it.

On some PCs, you are correct, pressing the "DEL" key will get you into the system's BIOS.

On others, it may be the "F2" key, or the "F10" key.

For what appears to be a complete list, click h e r e.

Once you find the correct key(s) for your PC, you should be OK.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#8 mojo_divide

mojo_divide
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

well, that's just it...it doesnt display the splash screen anymore...it just goes directly to windows...ive tried pressing several of the suggested keys from the link youve posted, though im pretty sure that its an award type basd on the screen shots of the aforementioned linkl...

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:19 AM

What's the exact make and model of the PC (if it's a custom build, then we'll need the exact make and model of the motherboard).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:13 AM

well, that's just it...it doesnt display the splash screen anymore...it just goes directly to windows...ive tried pressing several of the suggested keys from the link youve posted, though im pretty sure that its an award type basd on the screen shots of the aforementioned linkl...

As soon as you turn it on, start tapping the F2 or F10 etc. key. Don't wait for anything to appear on the screen. You may even get a "keyboard error", with a screen that shows what key will get into BIOS.

Otherwise, we really need to know what systemboard you have.

Let us know, OK?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#11 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:22 AM

Forgive me if my memory is a bit faulty, but I had a similar problem with an ASUS board. There are options to show the splash instead of the usually bootup screen that you see on other PCs. Since it's a reasonably fast computer, it was difficult to hit it just right. If I recall correctly, what I had to do was something like: hit the ESC key very quickly to remove the splash, then hit the DEL key to get into the BIOS. I have since reset the BIOS so that the information screens start up instead of the splash. Refer to motherboard manual for instructions.

You have to hit the two keys one right after the other and you have very little time to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users