Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Freezing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

I had to restart my computer 8 times today. It keeps freezing on me. My computer in general is so slow sometimes it takes minutes to open a webpage. This all started when I posted my hijack log and I had someone on this site put anti viruses on. They did a great job but its killing me now. I posted a new hijack log and was told I have no viruses. Basically my computer moves in 2 speeds. SLOW and STOP. I tried several times to get help on this and have not been able to get any help.

Appears to be a XP problem. Moving from Web Browsing\Emails Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 09 May 2007 - 09:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

If you can open the Event Viewer and report here the last 4 error messages. Right click on the erro message and select Properties and post the description.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:40 AM

The MOF file created for the Outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Compiler is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually. Contact the vendor of this service for additional information.

Windows saved user DEIDRE\Michael Thiemann registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Detection of product '{8BBF6DFD-0AD9-43A7-9FBD-BF065E3866AE}', feature 'NewFeature1' failed during request for component '{471E2798-B9F6-4343-AB05-21EB63746E95}'

Detection of product '{8BBF6DFD-0AD9-43A7-9FBD-BF065E3866AE}', feature 'NewFeature1', component '{03491216-B8A4-4C08-8D01-88C0D6C47E41}' failed. The resource 'C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Thiemann\Local Settings\Application Data\' does not exist.

Please let me know what I need to further do. Thank you so much for your help.

#4 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:33 AM

Are you around? This is really effecting my work and I need to get it fixed. Thanks again

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:54 AM

Sorry I have taken so long.
From what I gathered in your error report, it is possibly a corrupted registry key. In the following link download and run "The Windows Installer Clean Up Utility".

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:55 AM

Outlook or outlook express?

here is a link to a thread here about outlook slowing down might help:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91899/outlook2003-broke-cant-type-replies/
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#7 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:03 AM

Ok guys I tried that and will let you know how it goes. But my computer is still slow as heck and to open docs and web pages sometimes I have to click things 3 4 5 times. Something is majorly wrong and I dont know whatr it is.

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:15 AM

Please list all the antivirus, antispyware, and firewall you are currently running. That would include any Website security programs, such as Yahoo or AOL antivirus. It sounds like you have programs in the background competing with each other.

#9 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:26 AM

Furthermore if Outlook 2003 or 2007?For Outlook 2007 there was an update issued to solve this issue. Did you run Office updates recently?

#10 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:04 AM

Furthermore if Outlook 2003 or 2007?For Outlook 2007 there was an update issued to solve this issue. Did you run Office updates recently?

I have outlook 2003 and I didnt run updates recently cause I dont know how. I will try to figure it out but if you know please let me know. Also, this is killing me! When I click something it clicks it twice often instead of once. For instance. When I am on my diet website where I track what I eat, I will click from May 14th to go to the 13th but it will click it twick and go to the 12th. Sometimes I have to click 3 times to get it to click once. This is just an example. Its doing it on almost everything! When I am deleting a singlke email from my outlook (I dont use express) it deletes 2 emails on me and I have to go into my deleted items and get the item that it deleted. This is killing me!

Edited by chugg, 15 May 2007 - 12:10 AM.

#11 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:48 AM

Microsoft Office Update is the link you should be using. Most likely you will be asked to run a validation tool which is OK. There has been a lot of updates for Office 2003 .

As far as your mouse is concerned , You could check in Control Panel and than mouse you can set your clicking speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users