Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Formatted My Hard Drive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 murihikukid

murihikukid

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 15 January 2005 - 10:10 PM

Hi..I accidently formatted my secondary hard drive... I have tryed 5 of the recognised top recovery programs....with partial success....to recover my files ....However after each program tryed ....I find all my MP3,s are now Mpgs in content ....IE..I play an mp3 and I get scambled video footage....?????
Is this a common occurrance and is there a fix for this.....
Also my Wordpad Documents content have turned into what I believe is "computer language"....
Any comments on the above would be sincerely appreciated...
Thanks
Ron NZ.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:12 AM

Rename what is now .mpg to .mp3 by right clicking and selecting rename. Windows might complain but ignore the warning. Try one, it should work.

Could be the same with your wordpad documents. Check to make sure the file extension is .doc.

Edited by Leurgy, 16 January 2005 - 08:47 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users