Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Ubuntu Help.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

ok i need some help, i installed ubuntu as my only OS and now my wireless card doesnt work :thumbsup: i have tried re-installing the drivers like it said but it said that the .EXE file wasnt supported i have tried using NDISWRAPPER and that didnt have any luck, so im just wonderin if anyone has any idea on how to sort this.

oh and if this belongs in the linux/unix section my apoligies it semmed like it would belong here.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

Ok just to let anyone that was going to post know i seem to have fixed the problem, im not entirely sure how but im just glad that it worked (whatever that may have been lol) so i can now get on with actually learning how to use Ubuntu :thumbsup:

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:23 PM

If you figure out what you did post back. It may help someone else.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:28 AM

Ive actually been looking and i still cant figure it out my best guess is that i borrowed a friends disc with ubuntu updates on that he made for me so im guessing that there was an update on there that did something but exactly what one it was i couldnt say.

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

Yeah their always adding new wireless card drivers to the list at Ubuntu. Mine didnt work till I updated to 7.04. Heres an incomplete list of the ones that work with Feisty (7.04) Ubuntu Wireless Wiki

Edited by BlackSpyder, 10 May 2007 - 04:46 PM.

Posted Image

#6 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:23 AM

ah right thats a great help thanks blackspyder. my pci cards on there and if i do have anymore problems a few of my other pc cards that are on xp are on there so i can just switch em :D thanks for the help guys.

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

yeah, check out the Ubuntu forums as they are actually packed with wireless help (out of 250 new posts about 50 are wireless issues and wireless help)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users