Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost My Software?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gordie452000

gordie452000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:59 AM

I had been having trouble with my Mac G3. I have tried to start it from the CD that came with the computer as startup disk, but get a bomb message. So, I haven't been able to startup from any disk except the hard drive.

However, I seem to have lost all (or most) of my software. Anything that was in the applications file has vanished. Other programs that were stored elsewhere were unaffected.

Does anyone know how these may have been erased? I did try to backup the hard drive on zip disks, but anything other than files were too big, so I stopped trying. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nerdnot

Nerdnot

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

I had been having trouble with my Mac G3. I have tried to start it from the CD that came with the computer as startup disk, but get a bomb message. So, I haven't been able to startup from any disk except the hard drive.

However, I seem to have lost all (or most) of my software. Anything that was in the applications file has vanished. Other programs that were stored elsewhere were unaffected.

Does anyone know how these may have been erased? I did try to backup the hard drive on zip disks, but anything other than files were too big, so I stopped trying. :thumbsup:

Is your Mac still under warranty of any kind? I have a Mac at home (under the extended warranty) and call up the Mac techs every now and then when I have a problem. Also, I have found the techs at the Apple store to be pretty helpful too - and until they do something the advice is free!

Is it possible that when you were playing around with your files that you accidentally deleted something? When you type in the names of your missing files and do a search - does anything show up from that search? Perhaps your programs are sitting somewhere else in the computer.

I know nothing about fixing computers but I have patience in trying different things out - then I usually call for help!

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users